"BADSEY, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Blackenhurst, in the county of Worcester, 2 miles to the S.E. of Evesham, its post town. It lies near the river Avon, and contains the hamlet of Aldington. The silk manufacture, established in the village, employs some of the inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Worcester, value £150, in the patronage of the Principal and Fellows of Christ Church College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. James. The charitable endowments amount to £14. Badsey possesses some mineral springs."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Badsey from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Website featuring History of Badsey in Worcestershire - providing general, historical and genealogical information.