"BIRTS MORTON, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Pershore, in the county of Worcester, 6 miles to the S.W. of Upton-on-Severn. Ledbury is its post town. The living is a rectory* [the asterisk denotes that there is a parsonage and glebe belonging to the living] in the diocese of Worcester, of the value of £430, in the patronage of C. Pilson, Esq. The church is dedicated to SS. Peter and Paul, and contains some old monuments. There is a small free school founded in 1703, having an income from endowment of £14 a year. The ancient manor-house, called Birts Morton Court, is still standing, and is occupied as a farm house. The moat which surrounds it is in good preservation. This ancient residence was the birthplace (1770) of the Right Hon. William Huskisson."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]