"BREDICOT, a parish and small village in the lower division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, in the county of Worcester, 3½ miles to the E. of Worcester, its post town. The Bristol and Birmingham railway passes through it, and has a station 1 mile N. of the village, at Spetchley. The living is a rectory* [the asterisk denotes that there is a parsonage and glebe belonging to the living] in the diocese of Worcester, annexed to the vicarage of Tibberton, of the Joint annual value of £260, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester, who are also lords of the manor. The church, dedicated to St. James, is an ancient structure recently restored. It has a painted window at the east end, and the chancel is paved with encaustic tiles. There are handsome National schools, in the Gothic style of architecture, with residences for the master and mistress. The chief residence is Bredicot Court."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]