"CASTLE MORTON, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Pershore, in the county of Worcester, 5 miles to the S.W. of Upton-on-Severn, its post town. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the vicarage* [the asterisk denotes that there is a parsonage and glebe belonging to the living] of Longdon, in the diocese of Worcester. The church, which is of very ancient date, is dedicated to St. Gregory. The charitable endowments for the poor, consisting of the produce of church and poor's lands, are worth about £40 per annum. Near the church is a moat surrounding a mound, supposed to be the site of an ancient castle belonging to the De Moutes."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]