"GRIMLEY, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, county Worcester, 4 miles E. of Martley, and 4 N. of Worcester, its post town and railway station. It is situated near the banks of the river Severn, which is here navigable. The village, which is considerable, extends along the Ludlow road to Worcester. Hops are grown in this neighbourhood, and brickmaking is carried on. There is a spring here whose waters possess medicinal properties. Hallow Park, once the seat of Earl Beauchamp, is situated here."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Grimley from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.