"LOWER SAPEY, (or Pritchard Sapey), a parish in the upper division of Doddingtree hundred, county Worcester, 10 miles W. of Worcester, its post town, and 5 W. of Martley. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Frome, and is wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory* [the asterisk denotes that there is a parsonage and glebe belonging to the living] in the diocese of Hereford, value £220. The church is dedicated to St. Bartholomew.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]