"NORTON-BY-KEMPSEY, a parish in the lower division of Oswaldslow hundred, county Worcester, 3 miles S. by E. of Worcester, its post town, and 2 S.W. of the Spetchley railway station. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. There are some brick and tile kilns. The land is in good cultivation, and stone is quarried. The Birmingham and Gloucester railway passes through the parish. The appropriate tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £450, and the appropriate glebe contains 41 acres."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Norton by Kempsey from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.