Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for ASKHAM BRYAN in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office at William Stephenson's, shoemaker. Letters via York
arrive at 8-0 a.m., and are despatched at 6-30 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Buckle William, bricklayer
- Dixon Mrs. Patience, joiner
- Holden Cal. Henry, The Hall
- Lockwood John Henry, gardener
- Mason James, carrier and vict., Barstow Arms
- Mouncer Mr. Thomas George
- Preston Major Charles E., J.P.
- Shepherd Rev. James, A.K.C., The Vicarage
- Smith Frederick Luke, blacksmith
- Smith Mrs. Jane
- Wright John Wm., vet. surgeon, Walton house
- Wright William, vict., Fox and Hounds
- Barber Benjamin (and blacksmith)
- Baron Francis, Manor farm
- Cleveland Thomas
- Gillson Mrs. Elizabeth (and beerhouse and miller), Wind Mill House
- Gillson John (and miller), Askham Bryan mill
- Horner Robert Henry, Haggs farm
- Hornsby Mrs. Elizabeth
- Midgley Joseph, Marsh farm
- Milner James
- Prentice John
- Priest John, Askham fields
- Silversides William, Westfield house
- Taylor Handley, Eastfield house
- Vincent Mrs. Mary Ann
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.54 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]