Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for THORP ARCH in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Postal address, Thorp Arch, Boston Spa, RS.O.
Post Office at John Westerman's. Letters arrive at 7 a.m. from Boston Spa, R.S.O., and from
Leeds at 5-30 p.m. Despatches at 10 a.m. to Boston Spa, R.S.O., and at 7-30 p.m. to Leeds.
The nearest G.P.O. is at Boston Spa, R.S.O. There is a Telegraph Office at Thorp Arch
Miscellany of trades
- Blakey William, schoolmaster
- French Thomas Hardy, M.A., principal (Preparatory School), Thorp Arch grange
- Hatfield Mrs. Marian Frances, Thorp Arch hall
- Hiley Rev. Alfred, M.A., vicar of Walton
- Hill Mrs. Sarah Anne
- Jackson Rev. Wm. Henry, M.A., The Rectory
- Knapton William, lodgings, Bridge cottage
- Leatham Gerald Arth., estate agt., Manor house
- Lister William, corn miller, Flint mill
- Milner William, vict., Hatfield Arms
- Smith John, joiner and wheelwright
- Thurlwell George Arthur, estate mason
- Walker Nicholas, woollen manufacturer
- Westerman Samuel Lonsdale, bobbin and wood turner
- Westerman, John, grocer
- Wharton William, smith and farrier
- Whincup Richard, butcher
- Wilson Mrs. Sarah, lodgings
- Wood Thomas, station master and goods agent
- Greaves Bailey, Sykes house
- Hornshaw Mrs. Isabel (and milk dealer), Whynns farm
- Lister William, Flint mill
- Moore John Thomas, Flint Mill grange
- Rennison George
- Sanderson Charles and Jas., Wharfedale house
- Walker Jonathan, Mulberry house
- Wharton Frederick (and milk dealer), Park cottage
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.54 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]