"WALTON, a parish in the Ainsty, West Riding county York, 3 miles S. of Wetherby, its post town, and three quarters of a mile from Thorpe Arch station on the Harrogate railway. The village is situated on the ancient Watling Street, near the river Wharfe. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of York, value £75. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, contains an effigy of a knight in armour, and a tablet to N. Fairfax, Esq. The parochial charities produce about £20 per annum. The register dates from 1619. There is a National school for both sexes. G. L. Fox, Esq., is lord of the manor."