[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"YORK ST SAVIOUR, a parish in the city of York, in Saviourgate, a rectory, value +5L. 6s. 8d. p.r. 127L Patron, the King. Population 987. This parish is united with that of St. Andrew, which church is no longer standing.
Heworth which was in the North Riding was partly within this parish and partly within York St. Cuthbert in 1823. In 1871 Heworth parish was created. - see the page for York St. Cuthbert within the North Riding."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]