"ACASTER MALBIS, a parish partly in the ainsty of the city of York, but chiefly in the wapentake of OUZE-and-DERWENT, East riding of the county of YORK. 4 miles S.W. from York, containing, with the township of Naburn, 657 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £5. 6. 5., endowed with £400 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of P. B. Thompson, Esq. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. A school is endowed with land given by John Knowles, in 1603, which is vested in feoffees, who appoint fourteen poor children on the foundation. The navigable river Ouse passes near the village."
"NABURN, a chapelry in that part of the parish of ACASTER-MALBIS, which is in the wapentake of Ouze-and-DERWENT, East riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles S. from York, containing 366 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of St. Denis in York, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists. A school is endowed with £10 per annum, £5 having been left by Edward Loftus, in 1784, and £5 by Lady Hewley. The river Ouse bounds this chapelry on the west."