"BEMPTON, a parish in the wapentake of DICKERING, East riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles N.N.E. from Bridlington, containing 231 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, endowed with £800 royal bounty, and in the patronage of John Broadley, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]