Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for BEMPTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Postal address, Bempton, R.S.O., Yorkshire.
Post, Money Order, and Savings Bank, Annuity and Insurance Office, Bempton, R.S.O. Mails
arrive at 7-8 am. from York and T.P.O., and are despatched at 5-0 p.m. to Hull. William
Johnson, postmaster. The nearest Telegraph Office is at Flamborough.
- Appleby Riby, bootmaker
- Cowton John, cowkeeper
- Crosby John, butcher
- Edmond Mrs. Mary, grocer
- Gardiner Rt. Wilson, thrashing machine owner
- Gardiner Samuel, joiner
- Gowforth Thomas, tailor and draper
- Hodgson Robert, blacksmith
- Maynard Mrs. Margaret, grocer
- McGrath Rev. Nicholas, vicar
- Moore Mr. Thomas
- Morley John Hudson, blacksmith
- Towse George, bootmaker
- Waterfall Alfred, schoolmaster
- Wilkinson Thomas, station master
- Collingwood John
- Cowton Joseph
- Crowe George, Hunto farm
- Fussey William, Bempton house
- Hall Mrs. Jane
- Leeson Aaron
- Pudsey Barnett, and vict. White Horse Inn
- Shipley Alfred, Mill farm
- Shipley George
- Stephenson Thomas
- Waind Bethell, Bempton hall
- Walmsley Arthur John (and miller)
- Watson William, Manor house
- Webster Mrs. Christiana
- Wright Thomas
- Matthew Lamplough Mason, to Bridlington on Saturdays
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 20.43 on Thursday, 01 August 2013, by Colin Hinson. ©2013]