The Ancient Parish of BEMPTON
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"BEMPTON, a parish in the wapentake of Dickering; 3½ miles NNE. of Bridlington;
The Church, a donative, is a perpetual curacy, dedicated to St. Michael (see Churches for photograph), in
the deanry of Dickering, patron, R. C. Broadley, Esq. Population, 231."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Here are photographs of Churches in the parish:
- Transcriptions by Lisa Blosfelds of:
- The Baptism Registers for St. Michael's Church, Bempton:
- The Marriage Registers for St. Michael's Church, Bempton:
- The Burial Registers for St. Michael's Church, Bempton:
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the
Parish of Bempton.
List of Incumbents in Bempton church.
- The following places are within the boundaries of this (ancient)
parish, but I have no further information on them other than
the Ordnance Survey Landranger Grid reference shown:
- (TA189732) Bempton Grange
- (TA210727) Metlands
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- The Bempton Rate books for
May 1896 and
October 1896 have been transcribed by Liz Agar from photographs by Colin Hinson of the original book kindly loaned for the purpose
by Jeff Wardlow of Bempton.
These files are in Adobe Acrobat Reader format and you will require at least version 5 of this sofware to read these files, and you will need to zoom in
in order to read the text.
The Acrobat Reader is avaiable free on the
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015