Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades"
for BISHOP BURTON in Baines's Directory of 1823.
- arrive at half past 4 mg. and at 20 minutes past 4 afternoon.
- Berry Rev. Abraham, Baptist minister.
- Holdsworth Rev. Thos. curate
- Rigby Rev. Robert, vicar
- Watt Francis, Esq.
- Watt Richard, Esq.
- Wilkinson James, gentleman
- Almack Thomas, Burton Lings
- Dunning Robert, (and corn miller)
- Escritt John
- Gregson Thomas
- Jackson John
- Johnson Robert
- Marr Henry
- Sample Thomas, Burton Grange
- Stephens Rt. jun. Cold harbour
- Stephenson Rt. sen. Mount pleasant
- Watson Wm.
- Whiting Thomas, (and Butcher)
- Withell John
Miscellany of trades
- Atkinson John, tailor
- Cook Mark, schoolmaster & shopkpr.
- Donkin Thomas, agent to R. and F. Watt, Esqrs.
- Leaf Robert, boot and shoe maker
- Linwood Joan, tailor
- Lonsdale Thos. joiner & wheelwright
- Merritt Wm. blacksmith
- Nelson Richard, grazier
- Nelson Robert, shopkeeper
- Reed John, schoolmaster & parish clerk
- Rotherford John, boot and shoemaker
- Senior Jane, vict. Evander
- Christopher Ion, to Beverley, every Saturday
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 15.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]