Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for BISHOP BURTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Post Office, Money Order, Telegraph Office, and Savings Bank at George Duck's.
Letters arrive, via Beverley, at 6-50 am., and are despatched at 6-2 p.m.
no Sunday business.
Miscellany of trades
- Akister Geo., carrier to Beverley, on Saturday, and Hull, Friday
- Akister William, shopkeeper
- Bilton John, tailor
- Brown Henry John, butcher
- Duck Geo., joiner & wheelwright, & postmaster
- Duck John, estate joiner
- Flint Miss Mary Ann, shopkeeper
- Gray Mr. John
- Hardy Wm., steam thrashing machine propr.
- Hewson William, blacksmith
- Hornsey Richard, corn miller and auctioneer
- Johnson Mrs. Mary
- Lonsbrough John, estate foreman
- Milner Richard, shoemaker
- Pattison William, head gamekeeper
- Pearman Rev. William Allwright, M.A., The Vicarage
- Pease H., Esq., land agent to E. R. B. Hall-Watt, Esq.
- Quest Thomas, vict., Altisidora Inn
- Speed Rev. Robert (Baptist)
- Stather Mrs. Mary, shopkeeper
- Swann Benjamin, schoolmaster
- Walker George, shopkeeper, and carrier to Beverley, on Saturday, and Hull, Friday
- Wastling Robt., steam thrashing mach. propr.
- Watt Ernest Richard Bradley Hall, Esq., B.A., Bishop Burton hall
- Weatherill Mrs. Charlotte, cowkeeper
- Beaumont Thomas, Old kennels
- Brumfield Edward, Park farm
- Dunning Daniel, Cold harbour
- Dunning William
- Ellerington Thomas
- Fisher Robert Raikes; h Leconfield
- Harland John Brigham, The Grange
- Harrison Henry, Low Balk farm
- Harrison William, hind, Raikes
- Horsley John Robinson
- Jackson William, Killingwold graves
- Johnson John (Exors. of)
- Ouston William, Lings
- Simpson Peter
- Thompson John (the late), Mount pleasant
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]