The Ancient Parish of BOYNTON
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"BOYNTON, a parish in the wapentake of Dickering; 2 miles W. of Bridlington. The
church is dedicated to St Andrew (see Churches for photograph), and the living is a discharged vicarage, of
which Sir William Strickland, Bart. is the patron. Population. 123."
(There is further information for Boynton).
"CAYTHORPE, (High and Low) in the parishes of Boynton and Rudston, and wapentake
of Dickering; 1¾ miles E.N.E. of Rudston, 3½ miles W. of Bridlington. Population
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Here are photographs of Churches etc. in the parish:
- For those interested in the
Boynton family name, it seems that the Boyntons left Boynton
around 1231. There are however Boynton family graves etc. in
Barmston, Burton Agnes and other parishes (see the
East Riding Parish index for links to all the parishes).
- There are several web sites dealing with the Boynton family, including
one set up by
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015