|Yorkshire||East Riding||Nearby places|
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"BRANTINGHAM, a parish in the wapentakes of Harthill and Howdenshire; 2 miles SE. of South Cave. The church is dedicated to All Saints (see Churches for photograph), and the Dean and Chapter of Durham are the patrons. The Rev. John Carr, A.M. is the vicar. Pop. 174.
It was appropriated in 1458, by the Prior of Durham, to them for sustenation of eight Monks in their Monastery."
"BRANTINGHAMTHORPE, in the parish of Brantingham, and wapentake of Harthill; ¼ mile SE. of Brantingham, 2 miles SE. of South Cave. Pop. 174."
"ELLERKER, in the parish of Brantingham, wapentake of Howdenshire; 1¼ miles W. of Brantingham, 1 mile S. of South Cave. Pop. 249."