The Ancient Parish of BURTON FLEMING
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. © 2010]
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"BURTON FLEMING, (or North Burton) a parish in the wapentake of Dickering; 3
miles S. of Hunmanby. There is here a church (see Churches for photograph), of which H. Osbaldeston, Esq.
is the patron, and the Rev. Thomas Gilbank vicar and a Methodist chapel. Pop.
- Here are photographs of Churches etc. in the parish:
- A transcription of the 1914-18
War Memorial on the green near Burton Fleming Church.
- The following places are within the boundaries of this (ancient)
parish, but I have no further information on them other than
the Ordnance Survey Landranger Grid reference shown:
- (TA072733) Burton Fleming House
- (TA068718) West Field House
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014