Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for BURYTHORPE in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Postal address, Burythorpe, York.
Mails arrive at 7-30 a.m., and are despatched at 6-5 p.m. Nearest Money Order Office,
Nearest Telegraph Office, Malton.
Miscellany of trades
- Bean William, market gardener
- Dalton Mrs. Betsy Jane, dressmaker
- Dalton William Hunter, shoemaker
- Fish Edward, painter
- Hartas William, blacksmith
- Hoggard Mrs. Jane, vict., Bay Horse
- Hoggard John. joiner
- Preston Mr. Thomas Preston, The Mount
- Preston William Esq., J.P., Burythorpe house
- Walker Rev. Henry John, B.A., The Rectory
- Clark Thomas
- Colby James, Thornthorpe Manor house
- Grice Christopher, farm bailiff, Cuba farm
- Hall William
- Hodeman Mrs. Jane, Hermitage
- Inman Mrs. Grace, Penhow
- Stockdale William, Whiteground
- Waite William Watson, Thomthorpe house
- Walgate Charles
- Hudson Thomas (and grocer), to Malton on Wednesday and Saturday
- Hudson Wm., to Birdsall and Malton on Sat.
- Peckitt Wm. Hardy (and grocer), to Malton on Wednesday and Saturday
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]