GENUKI Home page    Carnaby Parish<br>main page Carnaby
Parish
main page

CARNABY:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

"CARNABY, a parish in the wapentake of DICKERING, East riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles W.S.W. from Bridlington, containing 130 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at 7. 8. 11., endowed with 200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Sir W. Strickland, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist."


"AUBURN, a chapelry in the parish of CARNABY, wapentake of DICKERING, East riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles S.W. from Bridlington. The population is returned with the parish. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, endowed with 600 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Sir W. Strickland, Bart."


"FRAISTHORPE, in the parish of Carnaby, wapentake of DICKERING, East riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles S.S.W. from Bridlington, containing, with the chapelry of Awburn, 91 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, endowed with 600 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Sir W. Strickland, Bart."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014