|Yorkshire||East RidingYorkshire||Nearby places|
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"EASTRINGTON, a parish in the wapentake and liberty of Howdenshire; 4 miles ENE. of Howden. Here is an ancient church, dedicated to St. Michael (see Churches for photograph), of which the king is the patron; likewise a Methodist chapel, and a free school, endowed with £30. per annum. Population, 375.
In 1727, Mr. Joseph Hewsley of this place, endowed a Free School here, with land, for teaching the poor children of the parish to read and write: annual value in 1787, £20."
Information on the following places in this Parish is contained on a supplementary page.
- Eight And Forty Houses
- Green Oak
- New Land
- River Bridge
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]