|Yorkshire||East Riding||Nearby places|
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"ELVINGTON, a parish in the wapentake of Ouse and Derwent; 7 miles ESE. of York. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity (see Churches for photograph), was built in the year 1801, by the Rev. A. Cheap, L. L. B. rector, and is a neat building, of which the king is the patron. Here are likewise a Methodist chapel and a subscription school, to the master of which £20. per annum is paid for the instruction of 20 poor boys. Pop. 405."
"NORTH BRINK, (the seat of Alexander Mather, Esq.) in the township and parish of Elvington; 6 miles from York."