"FRIDAYTHORPE, a parish partly within the liberty of ST-PETER-OF-YORK, but chiefly in the wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, 9 miles N.N.E. from Pocklington, containing 275 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, -rated in the king's books at £4. 13. 4., and in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Prebendary of Wetwang in the Cathedral Church of York. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]