Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for FRIDAYTHORPE in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Post Office; Robert Acklam, receiver. Mails arrive from Wharram, via
York, at 11-30 a.m., and are despatched at 5-35 p.m. The nearest Money Order
Office is Sledmere, and the nearest Telegraph Office for forwarding is Fimber
Station, and for receiving, Driffield.
Miscellany of trades
- Acklam Miss Christiana Margaret, dressmaker
- Acklam Robert, grocer
- Acklam William, shoemaker
- Barton Rev. Thomas Haycroft, The Vicarage
- Frear William, grocer and blacksmith
- Huffington George, vict., Cross Keys
- Pickering Miss Annie, dressmaker
- Pickering Robert, tailor
- Sellers Robert William, joiner
- Shepherd Kendrick, schoolmaster
- Welburn Joseph, grocer
- Broadley Jesse, Glebe farm
- Calam Isaac
- Cooper William Megginson, Manor house
- Ireland Robert, The Lodge
- Oxtoby John Jennings
- Sowersby Edward
- Weddall John Robert (and miller), Mill farm
- Wharram Elgey
- Wharram Robert
- Frear William, to Driffield, on Thursday
- Moody William, to Driffield, on Thursday
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015