"HARPHAM, a parish in the wapentake of DICKERING, East riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles E.N.E. from Great Driffield, containing 251 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the vicarage of Burton-Agnes, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York. The church is the burial-place of the family of St. Quintin, whose founder came over with the Conqueror; their pedigree, from 1080 to 1777, shewing an uninterrupted succession of twenty-eight generations in the male line, is beautifully represented in stained glass in the windows: on the western side of the church-yard are vestiges of the ancient family mansion and fish-ponds. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."