Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for HARPHAM in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Postal address, Harpham, Lowthorpe, Hull.
Mails arrive at 7-45 a.m., and are despatched at 5 p.m. Nearest Money Order Office, Lowthorpe.
Nearest Telegraph Office, Driffield. William Webster Woodmansey, sub-postmaster.
Miscellany of trades
- Brooke Miss Annie, schoolmistress
- Day William, joiner
- Owston Mrs. Frances, vict., St. Quintin Arms
- Rounding Owston, boot and shoe maker
- Theakstone Thomas, blacksmith
- Woodmansey Wm. Webster, grocer and draper
- Appleby Mark, Harpham grange
- Ellyard John, Hallgarth farm
- Ellyard William Watson
- Harrison George
- Owston Michael, Manor house
- Robinson Tilburn Dickenson
- Taylor Edward, Turtle hill
- Thompson Decimus
- Watson Charles
- Wresdell John
- Wood John, to Bridlington on Wednesdays and Saturdays, to Driffield on Thursdays
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]