|Yorkshire||East RidingYorkshire||Nearby places|
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"HEDON, a parish in the wapentake of Holderness, and liberty of Hedon and St. Peter's; 8 miles E. of Hull, and 2 miles E. of the Humber. The town consists chiefly of one street, in the middle of which is the Market place; it is well paved, and the road in every direction in good condition. The parish comprises an area of 276 acres, and the population which has been increasing progressively for the last twenty years, now amounts to 902, though, in 1801, the numbers were only 592." (There is further information for Hedon).
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]