The Ancient Parish of HELPERTHORPE
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"HELPERTHORPE, a parish in the wapentake of Buckrose; 9 miles NW. of Driffield.
Here is a chapel of the Established church (see Churches for photograph), dedicated to St. Peter, of which
the dean and chapter of York are the patrons; and the Rev. Richard Forrest, the
vicar. Pop. 157."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Here are 2 photographs of the Parish Church:
- The following places are within the boundaries of this (ancient)
parish, but I have no further information on them other than
the Ordnance Survey Landranger Grid reference shown:
- (SE961685) Cross Thorns Barn
- (SE938716) High Barn
- (SE966672) Little Pasture (farm)
- (SE964690) The Slack
- This parish is covered (or partly covered) by the following Societies:
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015