[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"HEMINGBROUGH, a parish in the Southern point of the wapentake of Ouse and Derwent; Pop. 500. The Church, peculiar, is dedicated to St. Mary (see Churches
for photograph), was made collegiate in 1426, for a provost, three prebendaries, six vicars coral, and six clerks, but these privileges ceased with the dissolution, and it is now a discharged vicarage, in the deanry of Bulmer. Patron, the King." (There is further information for Hemingbrough
Information on the following places in this Parish is contained on a supplementary page.
- South Duffield
- Tormond Hall
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]