GENUKI Home page    Hutton Cranswick Parish<br>main page Hutton Cranswick
Parish
main page

HUTTON CRANSWICK:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

"HUTTON CRANSWICK, a parish in the Bainton-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, comprising the townships of Hutton-Cranswick, Rotsea, and Sunderlandwick, and containing 1000 inhabitants, of which number, 917 are in the township of Hutton-Cranswick, 3 miles S. from Great Dfiffield. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £15. 8. 6., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £1100 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of Lord Hotham. The church is dedicated to St. Peter."


"ROTSEA, a township in the parish of HUTTON-CRANSWICK, Bainton-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, 6 miles S.S.E. from Great Driffield, containing 23 inhabitants."


"SUNDERLANDWICK, a township in the parish of HUTTON CRANSWICK, Bainton-Beacon, division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, 2 miles S.S.W. from Great Driffield, containing 60 inhabitants."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015