[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"KEYINGHAM, or KYINGHAM, a parish in the wapentake & liberty of Holderness; 5 miles NW. of Patrington. This village is delightfully situated on an eminence, affording a fine prospect of the Humber and its various shores; the church dedicated to St. Nicholas (see Churches
for photograph), and in the patronage of the Archbishop of York, is a small but ancient structure, and has undergone many repairs. In the year 1802, Edward Ombler, Esq. left £200. to be invested in the funds; the interest to be appropriated to the education of poor children belonging to the parish of Keyingham, and under the direction of the clergyman and church wardens for the time being. Pop. 639."
"KEYINGHAM MARSH, 3 or 4 farm houses in the township and parish of Keyingham; 1¾ miles SW. of Keyingham, 6 miles from Hedon, 6½ from Patrington."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]