Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for LONDESBOROUGH in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Post and Telegraph Office at John Simpson's. Nearest Money Order Office, Market Weighton
(2½ miles). Letters via Market Weighton arrive at 8-0 a.m., and are despatched at 4-50 p.m.
No collection or delivery on Sunday.
Miscellany of trades
- Gurney George, foreman, The Gardens
- Hagyard James, bricklayer
- Hobbs Henry, schoolmaster & asst. overseer
- Hudson George, joiner
- Hyde Frank, blacksmith
- Hyde William Henry, carrier to Griffin Inn, Market Weighton, Wednesday
- Illingworth John, bricklayer
- Londesborough Right Hon. the Earl of, The Lodge, and 29 Grosvenor square, W., and
Brook's club, London, SW.
- Simpson John, shoemaker and postmaster
- Sowerby Mrs. Sarah
- Wilton Rev. Richard, M.A., The Rectory
- Wreghitt John, master of the horse, Stud farm
- Young Colonel Thomas, resident land agent and brewer, Young & Co., Pocklington
- Young David, head gamekeeper
- Brough Nathaniel Shaw, Londesborough wold
- Cobb George
- Harrison William, Warrendale
- Knapton William, Easthorpe
- Mc.Pherson John Charles, bailiff and head gardener, Park farm
- Usher Mrs. Elizabeth, Middlethorpe
- Wreghitt, John, Londesborough moor
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]