Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades"
for LOWTHORPE in Post Office Directory of 1857.
Miscellany of trades
- Rev George Carey MA
- William St Quintin Esq. Lowthorpe Lodge
- Francis Carrick farmer
- James Gray farmer
- George Harper farmer
- Thomas Hornby farmer
- William Johnson farmer
- Jeremiah Lamplugh farmer
- Moses Lowson miller and farmer
- Reuben Mangham land steward
- James Nicholson parish clerk
- Samuel Robson farmer
- Richard Simpson stationmaster and postmaster
- Thomas White farmer
- Richard Simpson receiver.
- Letters arrive from Hull at 18mins to 8am and are despatched
thereto at 20 mins past 4pm.
- The nearest money order office is at Driffield.
- Bags are made up at Lowthorpe for Harpham, Burton Agnes, Thornholme,
Halsthorpe, Carnaby, Bessingby and a messenger despatched to those
places at 20mins past 8am.
Places of Worship:
- St Martins Church Rev George Carey MA incumbent
Transcribed by Shelly Stephenson. ©2006
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]