|Yorkshire||East RidingYorkshire||Nearby places|
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"LOWTHORPE, a parish in the wapentake of Dickering; (Lowthorpe Hall, the seat of William Thomas St. Quinton, Esq.) 5 miles NE. of Driffield. The church, dedicated to St. Martin (see Churches for photograph), is in the gift of the St. Quintin family, and the Rev. Thomas Ibbotson is the perpetual curate. Pop. 149.
In 1333, this church was made collegiate, viz. a rector, and six chantry priests and three clerks. No institution to it since 1579. The sum of 15L. 16s. is paid out of the Exchequer yearly, for serving this and Ruston Parva."
"CATTLEHOLMES, a hamlet in the township and parish of Lowthorpe; 2¼ miles S. of Lowthorpe, 5 miles E. of Driffield."