The Ancient Parish of MARFLEET
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. © 2010]
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"MARFLEET, a parish in the wapentake and liberty of Holderness; 3¼ miles E. of
Hull, a small village situated near the Northern bank of the Humber. The church
is a small brick building, erected on the site of the old one in the year 1708,
and the incumbent is the Rev. Thos. Watson, curate of Bilton, Population, 127."
- Here are photographs of Churches etc. in the parish:
St. Giles' Church, Marfleet, view 1. Obviously it's more important to be able to see the trees
rather than the church!
St. Giles' Church, Marfleet, view 2.
St. Hilda's Church, Marfleet.
St. George's Church, Marfleet.
St. Bede's Roman Catholic Church, Bilton Grange.
St. Stephen's Roman Catholic Church, Marfleet.
The former Methodist Church, Marfleet, now demolished
(With short history).
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014