"NORTH GRIMSTON, a parish partly within the liberty of ST-PETER-OF-YORK, but chiefly in the wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles E.S.E. from New Malton, containing 139 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Prebendary of Langtoft in the Cathedral Church of York, rated in the king's books at £6. 6. 8. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]