"OTTRINGHAM, is a village in the parish of its name, having no dependent township, in the wapentake of Holderness, three miles and a half from Patrington. The places of worship are, the parish church, dedicated to St. Wilfrid, and a chapel for methodists. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of Francis Watt, Esq. of Beverley; the Rev. John Mackereth is the present incumbent. The parish contained, at the last census, 627 inhabitants. Please see Patrington parish for the 1834 trades directory for this township."