[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"SEATON ROSS, a parish in the wapentake of Harthill; 6 miles SSW. of Pocklington. The church, dedicated to St. Edmund, is a neat modern structure (see Churches
for photograph), of which the Rev. Thomas Brown is vicar, and the University of Cambridge the patron. Here is also a Methodist chapel. A smart shock of an earthquake was felt at this and several of the neighbouring villages, on the 18th of January, 1822. Pop 477."
"LINCOLN FLATTS, a single house in the parish of Seaton Ross, and wapentake of Harthill; 2¼ miles S. of Seaton Ross, 7 miles from Market Weighton."
"RYTHAM GATE, 2 houses in the parish of Seaton Ross, and wapentake of Harthill; ¾ mile NNE. of Seaton Ross, 5 miles S. of Pocklington."
"SEATON HALL, (New), a single house in the township and parish of Seaton-Ross; 1½ miles SSE. of Seaton Ross, 6½ miles from Pocklington."
"SEATON OLD HALL, a single house in the township and parish of Seaton-Ross; 1¼ miles S. of Seaton Ross, 6½ miles from Pocklington, 7 from Market-Weighton."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]