GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
  Yorkshire Yorkshire   East Riding East Riding   Neighbours Nearby places

The Ancient Parish of SEATON ROSS

[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]

"SEATON ROSS, a parish in the wapentake of Harthill; 6 miles SSW. of Pocklington. The church, dedicated to St. Edmund, is a neat modern structure (see Churches for photograph), of which the Rev. Thomas Brown is vicar, and the University of Cambridge the patron. Here is also a Methodist chapel. A smart shock of an earthquake was felt at this and several of the neighbouring villages, on the 18th of January, 1822. Pop 477."


"LINCOLN FLATTS, a single house in the parish of Seaton Ross, and wapentake of Harthill; 2¼ miles S. of Seaton Ross, 7 miles from Market Weighton."


"RYTHAM GATE, 2 houses in the parish of Seaton Ross, and wapentake of Harthill; ¾ mile NNE. of Seaton Ross, 5 miles S. of Pocklington."


"SEATON HALL, a single house in the township and parish of Seaton-Ross; 1¼ miles S. of Seaton Ross, 6½ miles from Pocklington, 7 from Market-Weighton."


"SEATON HALL, (New), a single house in the township and parish of Seaton-Ross; 1½ miles SSE. of Seaton Ross, 6½ miles from Pocklington."

[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. 2010]

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Directories

Gazetteers

Maps

Societies

Voting Registers


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014