"SKIPWITH, a parish in the wapentake of OUZE-and-DERWENT, East riding of the county of YORK, comprising the townships of North Duffield and Skipwith, and containing 748 inhabitants, of which number, 315 are in the township of Sldpwith, 5 miles N.N.E. from Selby. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the jurisdiction of the Peculiar Court of Howdenshire, rated in the king's books at £10. 11. 3., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Helen. The Rev. Joseph Nelson, in 1813, bequeathed £400 for the education of the poorest children of the parish; the annual income is upwards of £13. 10., for which about fourteen children are instructed in a school founded by Dorothy Wilson, in 1717."
"NORTH DUFFIELD, a township in the parish of SKIPWITH, wapentake of OUZE-AND-DERWENT, East riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles N.E. from Selby, containing 433 inhabitants."