"SKIPWITH, a parish in the wapentake of Ouse, East Riding county York, 5½ miles N.E. of Selby, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is chiefly agricultural, The parish includes the township of North Duffield. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York, value £300, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Helen, has a square tower containing three bells. There is an endowed school, founded in 1714."
"NORTH DUFFIELD, a township in the parish of Skipwith, in the East Riding of the county of York, 6 miles N.E. of Selby. It is situated near the river Derwent."