Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for SKIPWITH in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Post Office, John Smales, sub-postmaster. Letters via Selby arrive at
9-0 a.m., and are despatched at 4-0 p.m. winter, and 5-0 p.m. summer.
Miscellany of trades
- Deighton Mrs. Mary
- Eccles Wm., blacksmith & vict., Hare & Hounds
- Gray Rev. Chas. Edward, M.A., The Vicarage
- Hatfield Joseph, boot and shoe maker
- Kirk George, butcher, Little Skipwith
- Kitson George, schoolmaster & asst. overseer
- Leaper Thomas, bricklayer, &c., Moat hall
- Lund Thomas, groom and horsebreaker
- Newsham Geo., farmer & beerslr, Drovers' Inn
- Parker Miss Mary M., Skipwith hall
- Smales John, grocer, Post office
- Baren Mrs. Jane, Skipwith field
- Barker George
- Bellass George, Skipwith bridge
- Calvert William
- Copley Henry
- Dransfield George
- Hare Arthur (and gardener)
- Hare George, Old farm
- Heselwood George
- Hoop Thomas, Manor farm
- King David (and flour dealer)
- Kirk Mrs. Susan (owner). Little Skipwith
- North George, Chapel farm
- Reaston William, Grange farm
- Rooke Joseph
- Shipman Thomas, Mill farm
- Simpson William, Model farm
- Smith George, Little Skipwith and Barlby
- Sutton Thomas
- Swales Anthony, West End house
- Swales George, Pillmoor farm
- Swales John
- Ward Frank and George, Charity farm
- Ward Henry, Peel hall
- Ward Thos. (& steam thrasher), Little Skipwith
NORTH DUFFIELD TOWNSHIP.
- Post Office, North Duffield; John Farmerey, sub-postmaster.
Letters via Selby, York, arrive at 7-45 a.m., and are despatched at 6-10 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Beilby William Clark, carrier to York. (Sat.), and Selby (Mon.)
- Durham William, grocer, tailor, &c.
- Farmerey John, shoemaker, Post office
- Ferns Harry Clifford (solctr., Selby), Blackwood
- Fletcher Miss Harriet E., schoolmistress
- Hatfield Mrs. Sarah, grocer, &c.
- Hewison Peter, tailor, Whincat
- Hudson Joseph, huckster
- Jackson Bros., steam thrashing machine proptrs.
- Jackson Thomas, vict., Horse & Cart Inn
- Moore Mrs. Elizabeth, Rose cottage
- Morley Tasker, toll collector, Derwent Bridge hs
- Nappey Mr. James
- Parker Edmund, blacksmith
- Perkins G., blacksmith & vict., King's Arms Inn
- Perkins Robert, tailor
- Snarr James, joiner
- Swales Mrs. Elizabeth, cowkeeper
- Waterworth Geo., cattle dealer, Chapel farm
- Bramley William, Plantation house
- Copley George Bowman
- Darley Thomas, Hill farm
- Deighton Thomas, Park house
- Giles Wm. (farm bailiff), Derwent cottage
- Hewson William
- Holdridge George, North Duffield lodge
- Holdridge James Webster, Lawns house
- Jackson Walter
- Lee Isaac
- McNeil Robert, Red Moor house
- Penrose John, Blackwood farm
- Richardson Mrs. Elizabeth
- Riley George
- Toes Thomas
- Townsley William, Duffield hall
- Waterworth William
- Weddell Charles (and owner), Derwent cottage
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 20.43 on Thursday, 01 August 2013, by Colin Hinson. ©2013]