Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for THIXENDALE in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Letters via Wharram, York, except where stated otherwise. Wall Box in the
village cleared at 10-30 a.m. Nearest Money Order Office, Levening (three miles).
Nearest Telegraph Office, Wharram Station (three miles).
Miscellany of trades
- Boyes Joseph, joiner, &c.
- Braithwaite Enoch, blacksmith and grocer
- Fox Rev. William Henry, M.A., The Vicarage
- Sykes E., schoolmaster
- Towse Mrs. Elizabeth, vict., Cross Keys
- Byass Robert, Greets farm
- Cook & Taylor, The Grange
- Cook Jno., Rigg's farm via Huggate, Pocklington
- Fairbank Wm. Henry, Pluckham via Huggate, Pocklington
- Fawcett John Creaker, Broadholme farm
- Galtrey George, Gill's farm, via Huggate, Pocklington
- Grice Peter, Fotherdale
- Sedman William Hazelwood, Martinholme
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]