Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for ULROME in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Postal address, Ulrome, Lowthorpe, Hull.
Letters arrive, week-days only, about 10-30 a.m. Letter Box cleared at 2-40 p.m. The nearest
Telegraph Office is at Hornsea, and Money Order Office at Beeford.
Miscellany of trades
- Bell Mr. Leonard, Allison Lane end
- Boynton William, gravel dealer
- Dalton Mrs. Hannah, schoolmistress
- Evans John, chief coastguard
- Flower John, gravel dealer and farmer
- Leaper Miss Emily
- Mann Geo., joiner, wheelwright, & blacksmith
- Pecket Thomas, cattle dealer and farmer
- Ransom Jewitt, drainage foreman
- Sowden John Wm., gardener and parish clerk
- Stephenson Marmaduke, grocer and freeholder
- Tickell Rev. Edwd. Arthur, M.A., The Vicarage
- Walker George, hind
- Watson Richard, gravel dealer
- Watson Mr. Robert
- Barugh John B., Ulrome grange
- Bell Thomas (yeo.), Allison Lane end
- Mercer George
- Sharp John William (yeo.)
- Smith Mrs. Frances, Manor house
- Smith Thomas, Eastgate house
- Stephenson Thomas, East farm
- Thompson Habbershaw
- Watson Thomas, Ulrome hall
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014