"WEAVERTHORPE, a parish partly within the liberty of ST-PETER-of-YORK, but chiefly in the wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, comprising the townships of Luttons-Ambo and Weaverthorp, and containing 645 inhabitants, of which number, 334 are in the township of Weaverthorp, lO miles N.N.W. from Great Driffield. The living is a vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Dean and Chapter of York, rated in the king's books at £9. 6. 0. The church is dedicated to All Saints. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."
"EAST LUTTON, (and West Lutton), a township partly in the liberty of ST-PETER-of-YORK, and partly in the parish of WEAVERTHORPE, wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, 11 miles S.E. from New Malton, containing 311 inhabitants. At West Lutton is a chapel of ease to the vicarage of Weaverthorpe."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]