"WEAVERTHORPE, a parish in the wapentake of Buckrose, East Riding county York, 10 miles N.W. of Driffield, its post town, and 5 from Sherburn station on the York and Scarborough line of railway. The village is situated in a valley of the Wolds. The parish includes the township of Lutton. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of York, value £168, in the patronage of the dean and chapter. The church is dedicated to All Saints. There is a chapel-of-ease at West Lutton, and National schools for both sexes. The Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists have each a chapel."
"EAST LUTTON, (and West Lutton) townships in the parish of Weaverthorpe, East Riding county York, 9 miles N.W. of Great Driffield."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013