Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for WEAVERTHORPE in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Post Office, Money Order Office, and Savings Bank, Weaverthorpe, York;
Wm. Hodgson, sub-postmaster. Mails arrive via Sherburn York, at 8-50 am.,
and are despatched at 5-0 p.m. in summer and 4-0 p.m. in winter. Nearest Telegraph
Office, Sherburn, four miles distant.
Miscellany of trades
- Anderson Fred, grocer
- Anderson Mr. Gregory
- Asquith Mrs. Mary
- Bayly Rev. Thomas, BA., vicar
- Bradford Henry, general merchant
- Byrn Mervyn Nicholas, B.A. (Dublin), L.A.H. (Dublin), (T.C. Sir P. Dun's and Rol. Hosps.,
Dublin), physician and surgeon, surgeon to Weaverthorpe Friendly Society
- Dowsland Mrs. Betsy
- Hebblethwaite Mrs. Jane Young David, butcher
- Ireland William, chimney sweeper
- Jones & Co., rope manufacturers
- Lawson Mrs. George, Clair villa
- Lovel Mrs. Eleanor Louisa, ladies' seminary
- Nelson William, saddler
- Patrick Mrs. Betsy, baker
- Ringrose Jonathan, M.R.C.V.S. (E. & L.), veterinary surgeon
- Rollinson Miss Jane Ann, shopkeeper
- Smith William, schoolmaster
- Webster Athelstane, builder
TRADES AND PROFESSIONS.
Boot & Shoe Makers.
- Cooper Jonathan
- Jackson Joseph
- Bayes Mrs. Mary. to Driffield on Tues., Thurs., and Sat. (and flour dealer)
- Bradford J.M., to Driffield on Thurs., Malton on Mon.
- Cooper Leonard, to Malton on Tues. and Sat., Scarborough and Driffield on Thurs., in
winter, Scarborough on Tues. & Thurs., in summer
- Gordon John, to Driffield on Thursday and Saturday
- Nendick George, to Driffield on Thursday (and grocer)
- Wiley George, to Malton on Tues. and Sat., and Driffield on Thursday (and grocer)
- Patrick Miss Jane
- Perrott Mrs. Annie
- Sellars Miss Mary Isabel
- Adamson Richard
- Burton Charles, Manor house
- Burton Cornelius, Pasture hs
- Foley Mark, The Ling
- Grice Wm., Dotterill cottage
- Hodgson Hornby
- Jackson Charles
- Milner John, Rarey farm
- Milner Rd., Mt. Rose or Rose cottage
- Topham Mrs. Annie Louisa, Gara house
- Wardell William Matt., Brook farm
- Blue Bell; Mrs. Mary Bayes
- Star; William Milner
Joiners & Wheelwrights.
- Bayes Richard Harrison
- Burnett John
- Hall Mrs. Jane
- Milner Jonathan
Tailors and Drapers.
- Anderson Joseph
- Hebblethwaite Richard
- Hodgson William (and parish clerk, &c.), Post office
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]