GENUKI Home page    Welton Parish<br>main page Welton
Parish
main page

WELTON:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1829.

"WELTON, is a village in the parish of its name, 10 miles from Hull and Beverley, and four from South Cave, containing a church, dedicated to St. Helen a Methodist chapel audit good national school. Ay the parliamentary returns for 1821, it contained a population of 576 persons.

[Transcribed from Pigot's National Commericial Directory for 1828-29 ]
by Colin Hinson ©2007


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016